Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Kinnikinnick Brownies

I posted a while back about how I had bought brownie squares from Kinnikinnick and then discovered they contain soy lecitin. They have been sitting in my freezer since then.

I am eating soy now (long story!) so I figured I would pull them out and give them a try. I hate food to go to waste.

They are not bad. My reigning favorite is still the Namaste brownie mix. Unfortunately I was not able to do a side-by-side taste test so it is hard to do a good comparison. The texture of the Kinnikinnick ones are good and there is no weird flavor or chalkiness. It is denser that the Namaste one, maybe more fudgy than brownie like. I prefer the Namaste texture and the flavor as well.

I'd say if you can't get the Namaste ones, these are a good thing to have!

No comments: