Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Diet Changes

Well, I have been mulling over this post for quite a while trying to figure out exactly what I want to say about my diet, and my journey for health over the past year. But I guess I am not feeling very introspective today, and I definitely have very little clarity and confidence in my next steps. So this will be short.

Basically, I am not longer following a gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free diet. I don't believe it improved the way I felt at all and did not resolve the problems I was trying to address when I made the big change. It is frustrating and I am confused about what to do with all the information and diagnosis I received from my naturopath. I just couldn't find the motivation to keep it up when I still felt badly.

My son is still allergic to several foods, so I may continue to post some related items here. Besides that, I doubt I will be posting much for a while so I can go and figure out my next steps.

Thanks to everyone I met in the GF community who was so helpful and willing to take their time to help me. I really do appreciate it.

1 comment:

Ben said...

Well, don't give up entirely. I thought I have been gluten free, but the past few months I have been eating gluten at least once a week.

I know a brand of rice noodles labeled as gluten free which I know has gluten in it.

I get a pretty strong reaction to gluten, and have been wondering what it was for a while!

Just saying, you might not be allergic, but if you are, you might not have been entirely gluten free.

Good luck!